Today we want to teach you about the three most important start-up marketing tools you need to get and keep new customers.
- In-person: You must meet with customers/clients in person whenever possible. This shows you respect them and take the time to work with your clients to give personal attention to each of them. If your business is fully online, scheduling phone calls and video conferences allow you the opportunity to deepen your relationships and form personalized connections.
- Follow up letter: Always take a moment to send a follow-up letter about what you discussed, new agreements or partnerships made and to thank them for taking the time to meet with you. Likewise, you should always send thank you letters or small gifts to partners you find success with. Personalized notes and gestures such as birthday cards, handwritten holiday cards, and small tokens of appreciation go a long way.
- Phone call: Use a telephone call to follow up with them to talk again about the matters you talked about in your meeting and offer any assistance you can to help their business run smoothly and more successfully.
None of these will work if you don’t have a quality product/service to back you up!
Here are the key steps for putting together your start-up marketing tools:
- Research potential customers, buyers, competitors, and their preferred methods of distribution. What are your client's competitors doing well, and where do they stand to improve.
- Talk to potential customers. Take a hard look at your product from a customer’s perspective and see what it needs to be successful.
- Follow up with your 3-step process from above.
- Develop systems for contact follow through, quality control standards, and customer service.
- Develop a post-sale follow-up system to keep communication lines open is customers and build on your current relationship, which increases future purchases.
“Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs” Peter Drucker, management consultant.
Here’s another great quote:
“If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from your own.” Henry Ford, Founder of Ford Motor Company
This lesson has offered you the tools to put together a start-up marketing plan that can be used repeatedly to help your customer base and business grow in a manageable way.
Are you looking for help to scale your business and improve your marketing? We created an amazing framework called MAPS, which allows small businesses like yours to rapidly scale without the stress and overwhelm that often accompanies success.
Our mission is to help you create a MINDFUL, ASSERTIVE, PROFITABLE, and SUSTAINABLE business that brings you joy and financial freedom.